A Very Nigerian Kiss-Me-Quick, Last-Minute Wedding at Hayne House Wedding Venue
Added by Fleur, 14th January 2018
Since launching our Kiss-Me-Quick wedding package at Hayne House Wedding Venue we have witnessed some beautiful and amazing last-minute weddings, all organised against the clock. Couples' reasons for booking an eleventh-hour wedding package have included: the couple's perfect wedding date at their perfect wedding venue suddenly became available, a surprise wedding and a couple needed to bring their wedding forward due to family reasons.
One of our very last-minute weddings that stood out was a whirlwind of a wedding. It was late in the season, just before work started on the construction of The Orangery. The wedding was planned against the clock - a beautiful fusion of Nigerian and British wedding customs, traditions and cultures.
Despite being organised at very short notice (we had just four weeks), Layomi and William's wedding was anything but ordinary. The wedding was full not only of drumbeats, super-colourful outfits, fabulous fabrics, elaborate headwraps, fantastic family jewellery and brilliant make-up but also with so much laughter, warmth, love and some stupendous singing and dazzling dance moves.
The day was full of some amazing wedding traditions
Firstly, Layomi's friends and family, some of whom had come all the way from Nigeria, took their seats. Then William's family entered, dancing, and took their seats. Each family sat opposite each other. Then William, dressed in traditional Nigerian attire, and his entourage of young men danced down the aisle.
The two families then gave permission for the engagement ceremony to continue and gifts were exchanged. Once it was agreed that the dowry had been met, Layomi, also in a gorgeous traditional outfit, veiled and hiding behind a fan, made a grand entrance into her engagement celebrations.
During the engagement party there were lots of prayers, singing, clapping, banter and dancing, all orchestrated brilliantly by Layomi's 'aunty'. After the engagement celebration, everyone ate handmade sandwiches and drank non-alcoholic bubbly, while the couple went off and changed ready for their traditional English civil ceremony, followed by the Wedding Breakfast.
Wow, what a wedding celebration, it was dancing all day and all night. All the team enjoyed getting into 'the Nigerian time zone' and were moved to be part of such a joyous, beautiful and colourful day of celebration.
Why book a Last-Minute Wedding Package at Hayne House?
Perhaps you are looking to save money on your wedding, your perfect wedding venue is suddenly available, you are just taken by the moment or you just don't want to wait any longer? Whatever the reason for booking a Kiss-Me-Quick Wedding Package at Hayne House, we believe they are so romantic and we love the whirlwind of excitement that is involved in planning a successful last-minute wedding.
How quickly can we organise a Last-Minute Wedding Package at Hayne House?
If you are planning on doing everything 'all under one roof' - that is both your civil ceremony and your wedding reception at Hayne House - ideally, we like a minimum of six weeks to ensure there is time to give notice of your marriage (in England, you need a minimum of 28 days).
On payment, of your non-refundable deposit and receipt of all your signed paperwork, we reserve your civil ceremony with Kent County Council (KCC). However, you will need to pay their fees immediately. Please visit their website at www.akentishceremony.com to view their fees and other useful information.
What is included in a Kiss-Me-Quick Wedding Package at Hayne House?
At Hayne House, we firmly believe that booking a Last-Minute Wedding Package doesn't mean you lose out on any special touches.
We are on hand to answer any last-minute wedding questions; can quickly learn about your family traditions and we work with some amazing award-winning handpicked local wedding suppliers to help you turn your wedding around quickly to realise your dreams.
Our Last-Minute Wedding Package at Hayne House Wedding Venue includes:
- Exclusive hire of Hayne House and gardens for your wedding, from the moment your guests arrive
- Use of the purpose-built Orangery for your wedding breakfast, and if inclement weather, for your civil ceremony
- A glass of cava per guest, following the civil ceremony
- For your Wedding Breakfast, a choice of a traditional three courses or an afternoon tea (with all dietary requirements considered)
- Half a bottle of house wine per adult guest during your three course Wedding Breakfast
- A glass of prosecco for your wedding toast drink
- Soft drinks for children during the drinks reception and Wedding Breakfast
- A bridal changing room and a complimentary stay in the bridal suite with a full English Breakfast
- White table linen and napkins
- Tableware and cutlery
- A secure post-box
- Stylish presentation of your evening wedding food
- Dedicated Wedding Co-ordinator
- All waiting and bar staff throughout the wedding day
- Our award-winning DJ for your evening wedding reception
- Complimentary parking for your wedding guests
What food is included in the Kiss-Me-Quick Wedding Package at Hayne House?
Prepared to the highest standards, you will be impressed not only by the award-winning quality of Touchay's dishes, all freshly cooked on site, but also by the level of care and love that goes in to the presentation and service at the venue throughout the wedding day.
The Kiss-Me-Quick Hayne House Traditional Three-Course Wedding Breakfast
With a Kiss-Me-Quick wedding, time is short, so at Hayne House we recommend that you choose just one starter, one main and one dessert.
Wedding Breakfast Starters
- Delicious butternut squash soup flavored with coconut milk (Vegan)
- Mackerel pâté pot with crisp toast & served with seasonal leaves
- Refreshing prawn cocktail cup
- Cajun chicken skewer with chive cream dressing
Wedding Breakfast Mains
- Spinach & rocket salad with balsamic dressing (Vegan)
- Goats cheese & garlic mushrooms
- Oven roasted chicken breast, mushroom jus
- Slow roast pork served with a cider jus
- Beef & mushroom puff pastry topped pie
All served with vegetables and Dauphinoise potatoes family style
And for the Wedding Breakfast Dessert
- Chocolate brownie & vanilla ice cream
- Honeycomb cheesecake & toffee sauce
- Eton Mess pot
- Pear & apple custard crumble cup
And for your evening wedding buffet - all served in rustic crates
- Vintage Cheddar cheese & pickle rolls
- Honey roast ham rolls
A charming Hayne House garden party style Kiss-Me-Quick Afternoon Tea Wedding Breakfast
As an alternative to the traditional three-course meal, for a wedding planned at short notice, what could be easier and more relaxed than a romantic, most English of traditions - an afternoon tea celebration?
Mini Sandwich Fingers
- Beef & horseradish on seeded bread
- Free range egg & cress on wholemeal bread
- Honey roast ham with wholegrain mustard on white bread
Hayne House mini delicacies
- Assorted macaroons
- Mini chocolate eclairs
- Mini fresh fruit tartlets
- Hand crafted scone with clotted cream & strawberry jam
Served with tea and coffee
And for your evening wedding buffet
- A cheese board of something old, something new & something blue, served in vintage crates with a selection of homemade pickles & delicious breads.
Can the Kiss-Me-Quick Wedding Package be upgraded at Hayne House?
Yes, you can upgrade a Kiss-Me-Quick Wedding Package at Hayne House. For instance, you can include canapes with your wedding drinks reception. For your traditional three-course Wedding Breakfast you can upgrade to three of each course, but don't forget you are going to be against the clock getting your guests' menu choices back. For your Afternoon Tea Wedding Breakfast, Touchays, our award-winning sole caterers, can also hire in vintage crockery, to give a real village fete feel, change the white napkins for coloured, include an ice cream station for the children, or after your Afternoon Tea, for your evening wedding buffet you could opt for a BBQ or organic hog roast (minimum of 60 guests).
You can also upgrade your wedding drinks package, for instance you could include a signature cocktail or really push the boat out and order the house Champagne for your toast drink within the Orangery.
What dates are available for a Kiss-Me-Quick Wedding Package at Hayne House?
For Last-Minute wedding dates in the Orangery, we recommend you follow us on Facebook or contact us to see what dates are available.
Say I do at the Orangery at Hayne House, Saltwood, Hythe, Folkestone, Nr Ashford, Kent, CT21 4EH
#eleventhhourweddingpackage #orangery #orangerykent #orangerywedding #wedding #gardenwedding #outdoorwedding #kentvenue #kentweddingvenue #kentwedding #gardenwedding #weddingday #lastminuteweddingpackage #kissmequick #kissmequickweddingpackage #lastminutecivilceremony #lastminuteweddingkent #lastminuteweddingpackage #lastminutewedding #lastminuteweddingvenue #lateavailabalewedding #lateavailabaleweddingoffer #lateavaiablityvenues #weddingdeals #cancelledweddings #realwedding #whirlwindwedding