Added by Fleur, 8th April 2019
The transition from Marquee to Orangery at Hayne House.
As a former marquee wedding venue, at Hayne House we have been hosting weddings for over six years. When we built the Orangery, we set out to ‘bottle’ the very essence of a marquee wedding – the bits that we really cherished and loved about the marquee experience.
One year on from the launch we’re celebrating all things Orangery!
The Orangery- Bottling the very essence of a marquee wedding!
That is, at Hayne House we have managed to keep all the pros, and importantly none of the cons, associated with hosting weddings from a marquee.
What we loved about the marquee was:
– the natural light
– that it enabled everyone to be in touching distance of the garden
– that it enabled couples to accommodate larger wedding reception guests
– that, by unlacing the sides of the tent, we could bring the outside in
– it gave couples a blank canvas to work with.
These pros enabled couples to create a unique space which suited their themes, colours and decorations, resulting in charming, quintessentially English garden weddings.
What makes the Orangery so unique?
So, having capturing the very best essence of a marquee and eradicating all the drawbacks, The Orangery has been conceived, designed and constructed with the wants and needs of you, your friends, family and suppliers in mind.
Throughout the design and construction, you and your guests have been at the very centre of our every decision.
What is special about the Orangery?
To capture the natural light, the Orangery is fronted by an impressive uninterrupted bay of floor to ceiling French doors. They enable us, during your wedding breakfast, to open the doors for a 180-degree panoramic view of the garden – the closest we have seen to indoor al fresco dining experience.
On an overcast or windy day your guests can still enjoy maximum light, enhanced by the three spectacular glass roof lanterns. There are two lanterns in the dining room and one above the indoor ceremony area.
On cool to chilly days guests are kept warm and comfortable with zoned underfloor heating, all controlled from our mobile phones.
What makes the Orangery stand out from other venues?
We have created an Orangery that stands out from all other venues in
On the contrary, with its soft colour
What other factors make the Orangery so cool?
Once we had identified the most important factors in making a perfect wedding venue, we also made a list of the must-haves from a new venue and then stuck to them!
– Having contingency plans. We included an indoor ceremony area. This was a critical element of the project as it enables you to hold your wedding and reception at any time of the year, no matter what the weather!
– A sound system both inside and outside the Orangery, that we can zone to ensure you and your guests get the most out of the dance floor!
– Having wireless microphones ensures that no one misses a word of the speeches, no matter how loud the applause or laughter!
– Ensuring that the bar is next to the dance floor
The Orangery can also hold up to 120 seated guests and up to 30 additional evening guests, to ensure you can really get the celebration party started!
What is important to the team at Hayne House?
Over the last six years we’ve prided ourselves on making sure that every single wedding we hosted is full of three critical elements:
– Attention to detail.
So, when we commissioned The Orangery, we carefully considered what you say that you love most about a wedding, what you would like a building to deliver, as we pride ourselves on ensuring that:
– We inspire you
– We offer you a very private and exclusive wedding
– We are a wedding venue that is family run, so offer a very personal touch
– We are flexible and not prescriptive.
With the new Orangery, we’ve had a whole year of hearing guests say “wow” as they discover a beautiful, and unusual venue, that has all the pros of a marquee but with a modern vibe.
Hayne House Orangery!
The previous Marquee http://www.emmamigdenphotography.com
The brand new purpose built Orangery
My Wedding Professionals:
By Blossom www.byblossomweddingstationery.co.uk
Jeff Oliver Photography www.jeffoliver.co.uk
Victoria’s Bridal Boutique www.victoriasbridalboutique.co.uk
Wild Ideas Flowers www.wildideasflowers.com
Flutterbee me www.flutterbeeme.co.uk
Simply Ceremonies UK www.celebrant-uk.co.uk
RKW Hair www.rkwhair.com
Elizabeth Love MUA www.elizabethjosephlove.co.uk
Shelley’s Cakes www.shelleyscakes.com
Peter Thompson Toastmaster www.southeast-toastmasters.co.uk
Crystal Cole Candles www.crystalcole.co.uk
Mint DJ’s www.mintdjs.co.uk
Light It Up UK www.lightitupuk.co.uk